1. NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING OF MEMBERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that an annual meeting of the members of Talka Credit Union Limited (the “Credit Union”) will be held at Lithuanian Youth Centre, 48 Dundurn Street North, Hamilton, Ontario, L8R 3E1 on Wednesday, July 29th at 6:00 pm for the following purposes:
1. Adoption of the minutes of the last Annual Meeting held March 30, 2019.
2. To receive the reports of the Credit Union Chair, Chief Executive Officer, Loans Officer, Audit Committee and external auditors, as well as to receive the Credit Union’s audited financial statements for its fiscal year ended December 31, 2019. Copies of such financial statements have been posted on Talka’s website https://talka.ca/annual-reports/ and are available at the Credit Union located on 830 Main Street East, Hamilton, Ontario, L8M 1L6.
3. To appoint the external auditors for the Credit Union’s fiscal year ending December 31, 2020 and to authorize the directors to fix their remuneration. The Board of Directors is recommending that the members re-appoint MNP LLP as the external auditors of the Credit Union for its fiscal year ending December 31, 2020.
4. To receive the report of the Nominations Committee.
5. To ratify bylaw amendments 8.2 & 8.10 recommended by the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario and approved by the Board related to conducting virtual meetings during any declared state of emergency that prohibit mass gatherings of less than 20 members.
The agenda is limited to business only items and there will be no draws or door prizes.
Registration for the meeting shall begin at 5:00 pm and is limited to the first 50 members including Board and staff. We ask that you present your passbook, account statement or identification upon entry. Wearing a mask is mandatory and social distancing must be practiced at all times.
DATED the 15th day of July 2020.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
Sylvia Gaidauskas, Corporate Secretary
2. CANCELLATION OF 2020 ANNUAL PICNIC
The Talka Annual Picnic for 2020 has been cancelled over concern for the health and safety of our members and staff during these unprecedented times.